Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Nanowrimo is just around the corner!

I don't know if any of you out there have been clued into this wonderful thing called National Novel Writing Month! It used to be only offered in November, but with all the interest drummed up for it throughout the year, there are two camps in April and July. There is also script writing, and a youth section. Just about any type of writing you can think of, they host.

This lovely program starts November 1st, some places host Night of Writing Dangerously that start on midnight on 10/31, and go till you can't write any more. They are supported by user donations, are a nonprofit, and offer great swag to purchase.

The goal is to write 1,667 words a day, to which you can track your word count through the site, and meet up with other writers in your neighborhood. You can do this through online chats, where word wars or sprints happen, or you can go to a hosted event and hang out and work on your novels together.

Now the question to ask yourself is how can you write a quality novel in 30 days? Well the goal is to just get that novel out of your. You can't edit something that hasn't been written down.

The website has also help to plan your novel, writing tips on how to craft your novel, and fun ways to connect with the authors that surround you!

I for one can't wait for November to start. I know I plan on working on the second book in my SFR series. I am so excited! This will be my fifth year doing Nano, and I'm amped up for a win! My handle is rouxl if you wanted to add me to your buddy list :)

Are you participating in this years Nanowrimo? And if so, what are you planning on working on?


No comments:

Post a Comment